We'll take inspiration from a vintage quilted coverlet made by Eveler Blankenship in Kansas in 1970. These scrappy string kaleidoscope blocks are fun to make and go together quickly. Use up your scraps or cut up assorted fat quarters--it's up to you! No specialty rulers needed, either!
Great for every skill level from beginner to seasoned quilter! Must have a working sewing machine, and know how to use it. Skills needed: basic 1/4" seam, cutting with rotary blade and template.
* For the entire quilt top (20 blocks finishing at 17” each):
10 FQs (or 40 pieces 10" x 10") med-dark to dark prints
10 FQs (or 40 pieces 10" x 10") medium prints
20-30 FQs (or equivalent in strings and scraps) of a variety of light to medium prints
4 ½ yards muslin
* For 1-2 blocks in class:
1 FQ dark print
1 FQ medium print
1 FQ total in strings and scraps of a variety of light prints
* instructor provides muslin for 1-2 blocks in class
Tara (aka The Quilt District) is a quilt designer, enthusiast, historian, appraiser, and collector. Her work has displayed at Houston Quilt Market for both Benartex fabrics and Hobbs batting, and her original design Prescott Road was displayed in the 2019 Georgia Celebrates Quilts show. She is the founder of the Atlanta Quilt Study Group and an active member of the Tennessee, Florida, and Southeast Region Quilt Study Groups. She also serves on the social media committee for and is an active member of the American Quilt Study Group. Her passion is in exploring the living relation and context between the present and the past.
The Evie Quilt Workshop w/Tara Miller - August 18
1. If Sewing Doc cancels the workshop, you are eligible for a 100% refund or credit toward a future workshop.
2. If you cancel within 7 days of the workshop, you are eligible for 100% refund or credit toward a future workshop.
3. If you cancel before workshop, you are eligible for 100% credit toward a future workshop, but no refund.
4. If you do not show up for your class, no credit and no refund will be given.
By making this purchase, you understand the above policies.